Gluten Free – Chocolate Fondant
Who can resist the gooie chocolatie goodness of a chocolate fondant? This dessert is not for the feint at heart, for the most devoted of chocolate lovers only.
5 eggs, 170g of dark good quality chocolate, 170g unsalted butter, 250g caster sugar, 50g rice flour, additional 25g butter for greasing ramekins.
To Serve: Good quality ice-cream, strawberries or raspberries
Serves quantity: 6 – 8
- Melt chocolate & butter together so there are no lumps, should be at about body temperature (37oc), put to one side.
- Whisk eggs & sugar in large bowl, using an electric beater for approx 5 mins on full speed or until very light & aerated.
- Using a spatula pour & fold all of the chocolate/butter mix into the egg/sugar mix and then add the rice flour.
- Hold in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
Chef’s Tip: Try replacing a third of the butter with almond oil & sprinkling sliced almonds on top before baking.
- Pre heat oven to 195 degrees.
- Grease ramekins with butter, share fondant mix between ramekins until 3/4 full, place in the oven for 8 /10 mins until crisp on top but with a liquid centre (check with wooden skewer).
Serve straight away with ice-cream & sugared berries.
Chef’s Tip: Add Orange zest to the sugar and let it absorb over-night to produce a chocolate orange fondant mix.